I am Ana, pleased to meet you.
I live in Portugal, am in my thirties, a lover of nature, books, movies and random stuff.
Since the last quarter of 2014 or so, when I discovered GoodReads and shortly after Netgalley, I have found that I absolutely love writing reviews on the books I read.
I am your typical introvert. I do however enjoy chatting with all you lovely folks online, so do come in, grab a cup of your beverage of choice, make yourself comfortable, look around and leave your comment.
Also feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to my Lair.
In this blog you will mostly find book reviews, occasionally some movie ones as well, a few music videos which I feel accurately portray the genres I enjoy, and other random stuff – the large majority written in English, a few in Portuguese, my native language. I post other things from time to time but they are generally book related.
Navigating the blog should be easy enough, thanks to the sidebar and links at the top of the page:
– Home displays all my posts by chronological order.
– Books: Book Reviews indexed by book covers and author.
– Chats: Stuff I would like to discuss with you guys.
– Movies: Movie reviews, indexed by movie title.
– Music: An index of the music videos I have posted.
– Social Media: Follow Ana’s Lair on Facebook and Twitter and feel free to add me on GoodReads.
– Search my blog: Use this if you are looking for something specific.
– Recent Posts: The 10 most recent posts will be displayed at the top of the sidebar.
– Categories: The main categories come next. Most of them contain the information available in the pages at the top, though there may be the odd one not featured there.
– Tags: Most tags correspond to genres. As the categories above, if you click on a tag, all the posts containing it will appear.
– Currently Reading: This widget links to my GoodReads account and will show whatever books I have marked as Currently Reading.
– Netgalley: I get a large part of my books from Netgalley. I am very thankful to the site and publishers and wanted to display this button.
– Archives and Calendar: You can access my posts chronologically via these options.
– Random stuff like awards, challenges and a follow button.
What I read and review: Anything from short stories to novellas to full novels to audiobooks (which I have discovered very recently), mostly by new authors who are kind enough to share their work with me, but you will also find a few classics.
Favourite genres: Fantasy, horror, science fiction, some mysteries.
I usually stay far away from romance and certain themes I have grown tired of, like vampires, werewolves and zombies.
Favourite formats: Mobi, paperbacks.
Read for review requests: I am currently not taking requests as my availability has drastically decreased. However, if you think I will really enjoy your book please feel free to use the form below, mentioning in your message whether you have a date in mind by which you would like me to post my review. Do bear in mind that, by submitting this request, you are agreeing to let me post my fully honest thoughts on Ana’s Lair and GoodReads. Let me know if you also want me to post it on Amazon.
GoodReads group: Book Lair