I would like to thank Sarah at Stacks of Sarah for nominating me to this award. She is a kindred bookaholic and I really enjoy her blog. You should definitely visit it!
On to the award!
1. I absolutely adore sleep. Don’t bother telling me it is overrated. There is nothing like a good night’s rest and that feeling of waking up utterly refreshed in the morning.
2. When the weather starts getting better (sun shining, lovely warm temperature, slight breeze) my brain immediately goes… Beach!! There is nothing quite like dozing away to the sound of waves crashing while feeling the warm sun on your body.
3. I often forget to watch tv. There’s actually a couple of shows I like to watch (especially Criminal Minds) but when I have a bit of free time I am either reading or blogging, so it often slips my mind.
4. I have been progressively distancing myself from facebook, to the point I now loathe it. I never really got into other social media sites, so this blog is the closest I have to one.
5. I have never felt comfortable in groups. I prefer one on one interaction.
6. People who know me probably think I don’t have much of a sense of humour. I am quite a serious person and this translates both to my personal and professional life. I tend to focus on enjoying the little things in life, having nice conversations with the people I care about and doing the best/being the best person I can be. The things I find funny other people usually don’t, and vice versa.
7. As you can see by my blog my main interest these days is reading. I got into a bit of a slump in the last couple of months or so, and therefore I decided to try new genres, since I tended to only read fantasy/sci-fi/horror. I started with The Doll Maker, a thrilling mystery book, and should now read more mysteries, but probably more of the contemporary sort, not so much police investigations.
1. Amie @ Amie’s Book Reviews
2. Anthony Vicino @ One Lazy Robot
3. Jennifer @ Book Junkiez
4. Kimberly @ Come Hither Books
5. Lynn @ Lynn’s Book Blog
6. Magdalena @ A Bookaholic Swede
7. Natalie @ Fill Your Bookshelf
This post turned out a lot different from what I had initially thought, a lot more intimate! I realized I have grown rather isolated. But as long as I have my books, all is well.
Besides, I grew up during a time when internet first didn’t exist and later it was rare; not everyone had access to it and when they did it was quite expensive. So I learned to take pleasure from other things. I guess that’s something that stayed with me throughout my life.
I went through the hype as everyone else did but, these days, I honestly do not miss facebook, for instance. Or even tv for that matter. I prefer watching a good movie, but even those are hard to find nowadays. The importance of great graphics has long since surpassed that of a good plot. It’s a shame that the two seem to have become mutually exclusive!
So yes… Books. :)
Looking forward to reading what my nominees have to say about themselves!
Tag, you’re it! :D